Michael Travers' site of miscellaneous, probably out of date.
Some Projects and Hacks
- SmartTables (article) is a public working version of a semantic spreadsheet.
- Visualizing the relationship between population density and politics with d3.
- LinkBack, a Chrome extension for automatic backlinking (pushing the web an iota closer to real hypertext)
- A Heroku buildpack for Common Lisp
- Making music with Clojure and JFugue, a very introductory tutorial
- SWFrames, a Common Lisp package that implements a semantic-web backed frame system
- WuWei, a Common Lisp toolkit for creating modern websites.
- Visual browser for the Tree of Life.
- BioBike (formerly BioLingua)
A web-based programmable knowledge environment for computational biology. See the this paper in Bioinformatics.
I designed the original knowledge representation framework and visual programing language.
A Java program for making geometric patterns. Started as a toy for my kids and got somewhat out of control.
Pretty pictures here.
A system for managing lab information for drug discovery, particularly combinatorial chemistry. I was UI lead and implemented a variety of subsystems.
See this success story for more.
A Java-based scripting language and development tool.
- Older projects in Artificial Life and Visual Programming
from previous life at MIT Media Lab.